Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Everything is new

by Judiet du Toit

In the last month I have moved to Johannesburg and started my first job.

I wake up early in the morning and I go to sleep earlier than the normal person usually does…Total exhaustion.

I am placed completely out of my comfort zone and I can’t begin to tell you how much I have learned up to now. I’ve learned about the career I am building, but the most valuable things are about myself.

My first week at RAiN was very rough. I had so many things to think about - medical aid, travel allowance, computer allowance etc.

I was sent to clients where I needed to speak to shareholders of the company with my 4 years theory and 3 days practical experience.

I was uncertain of my career choice and I was worried about what the future holds. It felt as if my heart weighed two-thirds of my body mass, and there was this fear of not succeeding.

Suddenly I realised that this is all part of growing up.

Getting out of my comfort zone, facing the world with confidence and knowing that I need to be patient.

There is a bigger plan for you and this is part of it, right here and right now!

Just keep on going and keep on believing…

No comments:

Post a Comment