Saturday, February 28, 2009

Reflections on a week

by Hayden Jacobs

Well, it’s Saturday night and I’m home alone, blogging. Who would have thought that I would have matured to a state of actually working on a Saturday night?

Let me tell you about my week.

I have now been appointed a new super-ordinate and am amazed at how different people have different working approaches.

Study wise, I was the last person to leave on most of the lecture nights, and am pleased to have achieved my goals.

I have now completed 3 UNISA assignments and the plan is to complete all 8 well before the required date. Being pro-active helps when unexpected things arise.

For example, I had the privilege of breaking down on Friday. I enjoyed the experience of walking the streets with a tyre, on a journey to a filling station.

I was blessed with the company of my colleague. It was interesting to note the willingness of people to help someone in need.

One lady pointed us in the wrong direction, a gentleman stopped only to continue on, and another gentleman (working on the Gautrain) offered nuts and bolts as a replacement for the damaged wheel nuts.

With the help of family, we eventually got home at around 9:30pm.

I enjoy new experiences. I journeyed into Diepsloot Township, so now I've been there and to Soweto. There's just Alex left on my list…

The most amazing observation of all is how I never get overstressed. I always maintain that in a crisis situation you should never panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment