Thursday, February 26, 2009

Staying sane and maintaining balance

by Zuziwe Madlala

I have been at RAiN exactly a year now, and I have had my ups and downs. I came straight from varsity into the world of Auditors.

I’ve laughed, cried, lost a few kilos, questioned my career choice...

I look at myself now and think, I’m not there yet (not even close). I have always made a promise to myself to never think at any point in my life that I have arrived.

I’ve grown and I am still growing. What kept me sane was having people like Jacob, Precious and others who are forever positive (I don’t know how they do it, I’m amazed and humbled).

Everyday they speak positive words to me and I literally tell myself to receive them and and embrace them.

And as lame as it may sound, music also kept me going. Getting into the car and turning up the volume usually calmes me down and for a moment I don’t think about files.

One mistake I have made over the past year was not maintaining a balance. As they say, “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”.

So I’ve identified what worked and what didn’t and I’m hoping to see improvements. I’m grateful of the support base that has been introduced in the form of the technical department.

No comments:

Post a Comment