Friday, February 6, 2009

There has to be more to life

by Evelyn Mamorare

Last year this time, I wished that I was out of varsity and working.

In my head I was ready and more than able to handle the thought of getting up in the morning, carrying my laptop and going to the office. It sounded like the best life ever.

A month after my first day I am singing a different tune.

Gone are the days where I had the option of choosing to wake up. Life now seems like a routine. Well, I guess it is!

Every day is more or less the same: Wake up, go to work, return home late and do it again the next morning.

The price of growing up is hitting me hard.

In the back of my mind I know I can't be a student forever and that I have to deal with work eventually. So am dealing with it one day at a time.

Looking at the positives, working hard now means I can retire early!

No comments:

Post a Comment