Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meeting

by Retief Venter

This past week I have met something that has changed my life forever.

It is something with a definite impact and something every person I know is scared of it because of the uncertainty that it holds.

This past Sunday one of my closest relatives passed away and it is with a sad heart that I write this blog.

I was fortunate enough to be part of someone special's life for 23years. It was a huge privilege to see that person grasp life and squeeze the lemons out of it.

He always said that we have to celebrate life and grab every opportunity with both hands.

This blog I dedicate to him to say that I will miss him but that his memories will be alive our hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this moving and inspiring experience, Retief. My thoughts are with you as you deal with the loss.

    It gives one perspective in life and makes one a deeper and more real human being.

    ReplyDelete