Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Spring has sprung

by Precious Mona

I remember reading a chapter in a book by Reverend T.D. Jakes called Winter Woman. It talks about how women go through seasons.

It got me thinking. With all the adversities I had faced during 2007 and 2008, was I going through my winter?

I was dealing with so many struggles emotionally, financially and socially. I had to take each day as it came.

I was just like that peach tree at home that loses all its leaves and withers as if it will never be green again. That was me, all shrivelled up, like it was going to be cold forever.

Then spring came along. It was long overdue but at last it was here.

The December holidays were exactly what I needed to disentangle my life, to find answers and come up with new ways of solving this conundrum.

I was ready for the rain to renew me and to nurture me. This is now my Spring. I am green with pink flowers all over. I have been cleansed.

I now look at my life and I am happy with how things are going. I have been renewed, set new goals for myself and know exactly how to accomplish them.

I have been nurtured. I look at my challenges and say that I can get over this. I don’t panic like I used to.

Spring has definitely sprung!

No comments:

Post a Comment