Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Learning from the best!

by Judiet du Toit

Before I started working at RAiN, I was nervous because I knew I was the only Chartered Institute for Management Accountants (CIMA) person in the company.

I lay awake at night wondering whether I was going to get the experience and training I need.

I have now been working here for a month and a few days, and this has been the greatest learning experience of my life.

I worked with a very kind and patient lady at Cell C for two weeks. Liesl was always helpful and more than willing to show me how to do my job. Her patience is one of the characteristics I admire most.

After my two weeks at Cell C I came back to the office and started working with Mr. Pierce on two projects. Both of these have taught me a lot about business, other companies and the outside market.

Mr. Pierce is leading me all the way on how to get hold of information, communicate with clients, understand the business, and summarise lots of information. I have also had great help from other people in the office.

I realize that this is only the beginning of a valuable learning experience.

I am looking forward to the rest, especially because I know that I will be learning from the best!

"It's what we think we know that keeps us from learning." Claude Bernard

No comments:

Post a Comment